When Nate and I were in Cambodia, Nate fell in love with some of the muffins we would buy. Just the other day, Nate was asking me if I could try to make them. Knowing me, I had to make them as healthy as possible! So, I found a few different recipes and mixed up what I thought he would like and be healthy at the same time. Here is what I came up with…
Kristie’s Morning Glory Muffins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c ground flax
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 unpeeled carrots, shredded
- 2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin[s] with oil.
- Add all dry ingredients together in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and combine well.
- Divide batter into the muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Add a little butter to the top of your warm muffin and enjoy!